Going back to school

Is is too late for me to go back to school? I don't think so, right? There's shouldn't be any hindrance to pursue education. As our famous national hero in the Philippines said, 'Poverty is not a hindrance to get an education', as well as age, status and race. After being a full time stay-at-home mom for two years now, I thought of going back to school. My toddler is going to school already so I have some time to do things that I want and focus on being more productive. When I stopped working, I anticipate that I will be increasingly bored though I got this blogging that makes me busy and helps my brain to function. But, at the same time, thinking of my son's future. It's not applicable to couples here in USA to have only one source of income, so I need to help my husband so that our son could have better or the same life we have. Things would be more difficult in the future, so it needs planning and savings for our son's future. After having a bachelor degree in the field of Computer, worked for more than a decade, I thought of pursuing a course in the field of healthcare. For me, it's more stable and it deals directly with people's well being. Seldom you find a job that you like, you're well compensated and the same time, able to help to take care of sick people, inspire and motivate them. I know those people who know the real me wouldn't believe that I will be taking a course that includes drawing blood, wrapping dead body, going to morgue and sighting with my two eyes a dying person. I don't have the guts and courage to do these things and I am very emotional and scared to hurt people even through small things like drawing blood. So, I decided to take a course that focuses on preparing and dispensing drugs. It's been a week now and I can say that it challenges me a lot from accomplishing something to excelling. I want to be good in this and hopefully pass it. There are some anxiety on my part because it's been years since I attended a class, adjusting to your classmates, to new environment, language and healthcare field. I must admit that it stresses me alot lately, I have lots of fears. Maybe my being stay at home mom, got into me too much that going out again and interacting with lots of people is a huge adjustment. I hope and pray this will go fine as what I want it to be and what others are expecting from me. I will post things here that is related to my going back to school and the course itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital